Comparing Collections

    Comparing the relationship of this weeks collection of writers to the artworks they write about, there is a vast variety of dynamics. Lynne Tillman for example, writes narratively, comparable to others like Lydia Davis. They take their reader on a journey with them, explaining each thought and memory leading them to a conclusion. I feel that they approach their work from the position of an ally, a passive advocate who has no stakes in the work but still tries to see and highlight the best aspects of the work. Other critics like Jill Johnston takes a different approach, speaking more stylistically and taking more of a praising judge type of position. My own approach align with many elements of ideas from each writer we have seen throughout the weeks. For instance, I felt for the first time, a noticeable influence from this classes readings on me while writing my essay about Monet this week.


Comments

Popular Posts